Research in Computer Science
CS681/CS695/EE881/EE895 Thesis and Dissertation Research in Computer Science with Dr. Chang Liu and Weekly VITAL Lab Research Meetings
Do’s or Don’ts During a Presentation
1. Start a presentation with background introduction and present in a story-telling style. Keep in mind that the audience may not be familiar with the context.
2. List URLs of relevant videos and website in the PPT.
3. Make eye contact with the audience.
1. Do not always stare at the screen.
2. Avoid pointing to the general direction of the screen (but not referring to any particular items in the display) frequently.
Note: Share the Google Docs documents to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Since the links will be posted here, uncheck the check box that says “send notification email to members”.
- Ohio University Student Writing Center offers free 50-minute help sessions for all Ohio University students, up to three times a week.
- Formatting requirements for Ohio University theses or dissertations
- Use WebCite for citation of all websites. http://www.webcitation.org/
- Follow the IEEE Editorial Style Manual
- Hypothesis: Here’s an example of how a hypothesis can be defined. Note that the author developed a tool but the hypothesis was not about evaluating the tool.