Behavioral Migraine Management for iPad
Behavioral Migraine Management (BMM) on iPad
This project is a collaboration between Dr. Chang Liu’s VITAL Lab and Dr. Ken Holroyd’s Headache Treatment & Research Lab. Qing Zhu, a VITAL Lab PhD student, is the lead developer on this project.
- The iPad BMM app helps migraine patients learn the skills of migraine management from clinically-proven behavioral migraine management materials in the form of text, images, audio and videos.
- The BMM app enables migraine patients to update a headache diary and worksheets anytime, anywhere so that it’s easier for therapists and patients to identify headache patterns.
- The app also helps patients stay in contact with their therapists via email and other communication means.
- Chang Liu, Qing Zhu, Kenneth A. Holroyd, Elizabeth K. Seng, Status and trends of mobile-health applications for iOS devices: A developer’s perspective, Journal of Systems and Software, Volume 84, Issue 11, Mobile Applications: Status and Trends, November 2011, Pages 2022-2033, ISSN 0164-1212, DOI: 10.1016/j.jss.2011.06.049.
- Chang Liu, Kenneth A Holroyd, Qing Zhu, Kaiyu Shen, and Wenqi Zhou, “Design and Implementation of a Behavioral Migraine Management iPhone App for Adolescents with Migraine,” Second IEEE Workshop on Interdisciplinary Research on E-health Services and Systems (IREHSS 2010), June 14, 2010, Montreal, QC, Canada.
An earlier version of the BMM App for iPhone/iPod Touch was developed as a student class project.