From VITAL Lab Public Wiki
Second Life Development Service from the VITAL Lab @ Ohio University
The VITAL Lab excels in research and development in Second Life and other 3-D online virtual environments. We provide service in scripting, content creation, full-service sim development, creation of teaching tools and learning aids, coordination of educational and other events and activities, and operational management of sims in Second Life. For more information, contact
- Andrew Goodnite, Assistant Director of the VITAL Lab, (SL:Builder Link) at (740)593-1237 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Dr. Chang Liu, Director of the VITAL Lab, (SL/MG:Chang Tuxing; SL/TG:Chang Binder; SL/STEAM TG:Chang Meyer) at 740.593.1249.
We have worked on the following projects in Second Life: (More project info can be found here and in the "Projects" page.)
- 10/12/2007, Design News, "Second Life: A Virtual Universe for Real Engineering," http://www.designnews.com/article/CA6490691.html
- 4/11/2007, Ohio University Outlook, "Virtual food workshops will be held to celebrate minority health month," http://www.ohio.edu/outlook/06-07/April/502n-067.cfm
- March 2007, "A Second Life for Middle School Science," T.H.E Journal.
- 2/26/2007 “Virtual worlds an outlet for learning, teaching,” Columbus Dispatch.
- 2/26/2007 “Just like life, but better, say fans of virtual worlds,” Columbus Dispatch.
- 2/21/2007 Linda L. Briggs, “Ohio University Opens Virtual Doors,” Campus Technology.
- 2/2/2007, "Education meets virtual reality: Be anyone, do anything -- and learn in the process," Ohio University Outlook.
- 1/29/2007, "Virtual-reality software creates parallel campus, enhances education," Athens News.